We are seeking a Director, Public and Analyst Relations (PR) to join our global marketing team. This role will collaborate closely with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing. In this role you will be responsible for the development and execution of external communications strategies that elevate our brand and thought leadership and amplify our key values through compelling stories of customer transformations.
The successful candidate will effectively collaborate with and leverage cross-functional teams to develop and deploy a strategic public relations and analyst relations plan with compelling campaigns that engage target audiences – media and influencers – and boost earned media coverage. You will also manage our PR agency and build content in the form of blogs and thought leadership pieces. In addition, work with and expand our relationships with leading analyst firms. Must have experience directly interfacing with and supporting C-suite executives.
- Drive overall public market awareness for the Redzone brand through traditional and digital PR tactics, including media relations, thought leadership, press releases, influencer relations, awards programming, and collaborative efforts with customers and industry analysts.
- Direct outbound media and influencer relations — efforts to include, but not limited to, traditional media outlets, digital and social channels, podcasts, blogs, and speaking engagements.
- Build a strategy for commenting on articles and building relationships through key media authors and their respective publications.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with PR agency, collaborating to ensure the best possible positioning for the company across media channels, growing Redzone’s voice in local and national as well as business, and vertical media outlets (trade publications).
- Partner with SVP on building CEO and leadership team platforms and profiles to elevate thought leadership
- Develop and execute PR strategies and tactics to support original Redzone research and drive awareness through integrated campaigns.
- Provide support to other departments through the editing and/or collaborative development of marketing content and deliverables as required.
- Oversee tracking of PR metrics/KPIs measuring program success aligned to goals and initiatives.
- Serve as global contact for media inquiry response and coordinate with PR agency and coaching/sales teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write compelling materials within deadlines and aligned with company guidelines
- Ability to craft thought leadership articles, blogs, press releases, social media posts, and other communications materials based on technical documents and interviews with subject matter experts
- Ability to write in different styles for a variety of publications and audiences
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with senior executives and customers
- Demonstrated ability in PR project planning, execution, and measurement
- Expertise using MS Office applications
- Ability to work on and/or manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated, professional demeanor
- Prior corporate public relations experience
- Experience working for a PR firm or as a journalist
- Experience using digital and social media channels and working with media, industry influencers, and industry analysts
- Experience in the enterprise software market – manufacturing or supply chain a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years of hands-on experience in PR/communications functions for the software industry, experience with PR for SaaS or B2B applications coupled with 8 years of management experience in leading functional and cross-functional teams, including work with outside agencies.
Redzone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Redzoners believe in “keeping things real.” Hear what they think about being a part of our team.